List:       tru64-unix-managers
Subject:    Static routes while running gated? - solution
From:       Michael Matthews <matthewm () sgate ! com>
Date:       1995-12-28 14:30:21

Thanks to all who responded so far (barely enough time to go get a cup o'
coffee... good thing I don't drink coffee, huh?).  The best answer comes from
Matt Thomas @ DEC:

> That's normal.  You need your gated.conf to configure the static route
> (that's so gated will keep it around).

I think this line'll do it in /etc/gated.conf:

net 192.168.11.0 gateway 192.168.10.100 metric 1 rip

(I never bothered to read that far down in the man page...)

Other responses suggested I see if bootup was giving an error due to routes
already being there, but that can't happen -- if the route was already there
via gateway/gated, I wouldn't need to add one statically.  One other
suggested I do some fixed arp broadcast configuring, which would probably
work but that would be an awful lot of work in this case.