List:       tru64-unix-managers
Subject:    Idle login session
From:       Chua Koon Teck <koonteck () singnet ! com ! sg>
Date:       1995-12-27 3:34:03

Hi

I have some users who dial in via dec terminal server into a DEC7000
server running Digital UNIX 3.2b.

There are some instance when a user has logged out but his login session
still shows as:

> finger setiawan

Login name: setiawan                    In real life: Eddy Setiawan
Directory: /u1/setiawan                 Shell: /usr/local/etc/ish
On since Dec 27 10:21:20                47 minutes Idle Time
   on ttyw0 from ts900-1.singnet.com.sg
Plan:
<no plan>

I tried to use ps to check on his process but there is no processes owned
by him.  How can I remove this users from the accounting ?  What causes
this ?

Thank you.

Have a nice day.

Regards