List:       tru64-unix-managers
Subject:    Information on mailing lists
From:       Julyan Cartwright <julyan () hp1 ! uib ! es>
Date:       1995-09-30 12:40:15

Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 15:19:21 +0100 (MET)
From: Julyan Cartwright <julyan@hp1.uib.es>
Sender: alpha-osf-managers-relay@sws1.ctd.ornl.gov
Mailer: Elm [revision: 70.85]
Followup-to: poster

Since yesterday, when I sent a summary of the things I learned about
network analysers to the HP and Dec Alpha mailing lists, I've been deluged
with requests from people on the Alpha list who want to know where is the
HP list, and from an equal number of people on the HP list who didn't know
about the Alpha list...
So, here for everybody is the infomation I have:

HP:
Bart Muyzer runs an HP-UX system administration mailing list. To reach
ALL MEMBERS of the list, send e-mail to <hpux-admin@cv.ruu.nl>; to SUBSCRIBE,
send mail to <hpux-admin-request@cv.ruu.nl>. The following commands (in the
subject line) can be handled automatically by the administrative request
filter processor <hpux-admin-request@cv.ruu.nl>:

    subscribe       - to subscribe yourself to the list
    unsubscribe     - to unsubscribe yourself from the list
    members         - to get a list of all subscribers

Problems, questions, suggestions and the like should go to the address
"owner-hpux-admin@cv.ruu.nl".

DEC Alpha:
This mailing list is managed by a utility called Majordomo.
You can subscribe to the list by sending a message like:
     subscribe alpha-osf-managers
to Majordomo@ornl.gov. Likewise, if you want to remove yourself from the list,
send the message:
     unsubscribe alpha-osf-managers
to the same address.
For a complete list of Majordomo commands, use the command:
     help
Send DEC Alpha AXP management queries and summaries to
alpha-osf-managers@ornl.gov.

Others:
There are also Sun, SGI, IBM, etc managers lists. I'm sure I used to have a
list of all the managers' lists, but I can't find it now. If anyone has such
a list of lists, I suggest it gets added to the FAQ - it looks like people
are having a hard time finding out about the lists.
	Julyan

--
Julyan Cartwright                      Email    julyan@hp1.uib.es
Departament de Fisica                  NeXTmail julyan@obelix.uib.es