List:       tru64-unix-managers
Subject:    PC-NFS/PCNFSD Problem
From:       invisible!sycmail!javier () Sunmexico ! Sun ! COM
Date:       1995-01-30 20:01:27

Hi managers:

I would like to know if somebody had experienced 'Authentication Failure' problems when
connecting to a OSF/1 NFS Service.

History:

I have a SPARCserver 10 as a File/Printer Server.  I connected a DEC3000, a DECpc 150 and
a DEC2100 to the network.  I can mount from any Unix systems a remote partition whith out a
problem.  My problem is to connect from my PC to a OSF/1 Service, even when the service
is exported at /etc/exports, my PC is registered at /etc/hosts, I login as a OSF/1 client, I changed
the UID and the GID of every user and set them exactly as the SPARC /etc/passwd, with out
getting this worked.  I can see from Windows the exported file systems on the OSF/1 servers, but
when trying to connect to them, an 'Authentication Failure' message appears.

Even I tried to do the same with Wollongong Pathway Access, and the result was the same.

Any idea?  Am I missing something?  Do I need a PATCH?

Thanx in advanced!

 ########################    Javier Scanlan Sierra
##-------------------------  Sistemas y Computadores
##----%%---%%--%%%---------  Technical Support Manager DEC Division
##----%%%%%-%%%%%%---------  Av. Revolucion #2042-8th. Floor, San Angel
##-------%%--%%-%%---------  Mexico, D.F. 01090,  Tel. 550-0740