List:       tru64-unix-managers
Subject:    Configuring a second IP address
From:       "Kemery, Dale" <DKemery () citizensenergygroup ! com>
Date:       2010-11-12 14:39:34

It has been a while since I've had to add a second IP address to a Tru64 server -- so I thought I'd check with the list to see if I could get some help.

I have an existing server I would like to add a secondary IP address to (without having to reboot).

I found a few suggestions via Google:

	1) # ifconfig tu0 alias 10.1.1.x

		to make it permanent use

	# vi /etc/rc.config
	IFCONFIG_1="alias 10.1.1.x"
	NETDEV_1="tu0"
	NUM_NETCONFIG="2"

and

2)   # ifconfig tu0 alias 10.1.1.x netmask 255.255.255.0

                                  Then place the above line into /etc/inet.local to make it permanent.

Thanks!

Dale