List:       tru64-unix-managers
Subject:    X windows problem
From:       Ralf.Borowski () Abitibibowater ! com
Date:       2009-05-20 13:19:03

Hello,

I have an AlphaServer 800 running Tru64 4.0G. I have added a supported
video card, set console graphics, rebooted and the system is running fine
in text mode.

When I try to start X using /sbin/init.d/xlogin, I get the following
messages:

./xlogin WARNING: /usr/dt/config/Xconfig.con not found.
./xlogin WARNING: /usr/dt/config/Xservers.con not found.
./xlogin ERROR: /usr/dt/bin/dtlogin not executable

It looks like the x files were either not installed or deleted by a
previous admin. Where can I find these to re-install? Is it as simple as
copying the /usr/dt folders from a running system to this one?

Thanks,

Ralf
ralf.borowski *AT* abitibibowater *dot* com