List:       tru64-unix-managers
Subject:    GS160 - ConsoleWorks connection
From:       Mathias Schmassmann <mschassm () dallasisd ! org>
Date:       2005-06-30 13:23:38

This is a question about a problem with a connection from a ConsoleWorks station \
(Windows NT) to a DEC terminal server connecting to a serial port on a GS160 running \
Tru64 version 5.1B patch kit 3.

The connection from the ConsoleWorks station to the DEC terminal server is okay. I \
can query the ports on the terminal server from the ConsoleWorks station. However, \
the connection between the terminal server and the serial port on the GS160 seems to \
be the problem.

When I try to connect to the GS160 I get these messages:

Trying localhost 5156 *
Sending authentication information *
Connected to localhost.
CONSOLE_MANAGER connecting to console CONSOLE_1 with write access

Here the process stops and nothing happens anymore.

The GS160 as system is up and running. It's a production Oracle database server. \
Network connections are fine. The applications are up and working fine. This is a \
24/7 system. This system is running for weeks and the ConsoleWorks application was \
okay until a few days ago. There was no extraordinary event (i.e. power failure).

Is there a utility with Tru64 on the GS160 with which I can check the serial port \
status on the GS160?

Thanks.

Mathias