List:       tru64-unix-managers
Subject:    Unix-level NAT-ting...
From:       Harihar Krishnan <harik () bma ! gov ! bh>
Date:       2005-06-28 6:49:57

We wish to implement an Alpha DS10 running Tru64 Unix v5.1B with a
specific IP addressing scheme on the network card. However, we need the
application running on it (Oracle 9iAS) to be installed using a
different IP addressing scheme. Hence, when the application sends /
receives information over the network card, we want the underlying Unix
to translate the application IP to the NIC IP and vice versa (somewhat
like a Unix-level NAT-ting). Is this possible to be implemented in
Tru64? If so, how can this be achieved?

Would appreciate expert feedback. Thanks.

Harihar K

Disclaimer:
[This communication is intended solely for the named recipient and others authorized \
to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you \
are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately, and note that any \
disclosure, copying, distribution or action you may take in reliance on this \
communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Unless indicated otherwise, \
this communication is not intended nor should it be taken to create any legal \
relations, contractual or otherwise. Bahrain Monetary Agency(BMA) is neither liable \
for the proper and complete transmission of the communication, nor for any delay in \
its receipt. Whilst BMA undertakes all reasonable efforts to screen outgoing e-mails \
for viruses, it cannot be held liable for any viruses transmitted by this  e-mail].