List:       tru64-unix-managers
Subject:    reset alarm in Raidshelf?
From:       Christian Wessely <christian.wessely () uni-graz ! at>
Date:       2003-09-30 13:16:58

Hello Admin wizards,

not strictly Tru64, but ....

last week, one of the disks in a DEC raidshelf of ours went off. The
controller (HSZ 40) did what it is supposed to do, and all I had to do
the other day was to notice that the disk was to be replaced -
everything worked perfectly.

  I replaced the disk, added a new spare and everything - but still the
alarm sound of the raidshelf is set to on and the amber LEDS are lit.

I have switched both of the power supplies off and on again, but they
seem to get a failure information from elsewhere - any idea where I can
reset the alarm?

thank you for any hint
CW

--