List:       tru64-unix-managers
Subject:    TCP connections after 12 hours
From:       balaji <balaji () temple ! edu>
Date:       2002-04-30 18:52:13

We are running 4.0X version of OS on a AS8200 ASE cluster which is
running Oracle 8.1.7 on the master node.

The customer is starting a query from one of the PC's which connects
to the server using SQL*Net (TCP). The query should run for more than
24 hours but , the connection automatically disconnects exactly after
12 hours. We have done the test against 8.06 and 8.1.7 results and on a
different DU box with the same results.

I check the "sysconfig -q inet" parameter tcp_keepalive_default=0

We redid the query connecting through IPC and the query is alive and runs well
beyond 24 hours,

Has anybody any clues to why this is happening.

Secondly, I was also looking at a header file called
/usr/include/netinet/tcp_timer.h
and it references PR_SLOWHZ and I am not able to figure its default value in
seconds.

Thanx

Balaji./