List:       tru64-unix-managers
Subject:    disklabel rpm value
From:       Tru64 User <tru64user () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-09-28 16:38:24

Hi,
Just wandering....
This is from a no-problem raid5 array on hsz70,
disk type DS-RZ1FB-VW ie. 36.4GB, 7600rpm drive.
Same results for a 10,000rpm drive in the same shelf.
I understand that hsz70 presents to the host the raid5
unit.

1. What does the reading of rpm=3600 from disklabel
tell me?
(Depending on #1) a. So if host sees both with
3600rpm, where is the advantage of using either 7.2k
or 10k?
2. Is there an effect of mixing rpms within a raid
array?
3. Is there a way to check progress of rmvol (%wise)?
(-v)slows down process, but, would it have shown the
progress report? Just want to estimate and know what
times I should come in over the weekend to continue
operation.

Please educate

disklabel -r rzb9c
# /dev/rrzb9c: