List:       trousers-users
Subject:    [TrouSerS-users] TrouSerS (tcsd) in initial RAM disk
From:       Olga Chen <olgagel () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-11-18 15:15:14

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello,
I've been trying to figure out what is needed to be able to run tcsd in an
initial RAM disk. I did a search of the mailing list and found that someone
definitely got it working:
http://sourceforge.net/p/trousers/mailman/message/30197334/ but I can't
figure what they did exactly. Should tcsd be compiled statically, for
example? My understanding is that I should be able to "unpack" an existing
initrd, then add TrouSerS-related stuff into it (plus my own code that I
would like to run), and "repack" it into a new initrd. I am just trying to
figure out what I need to add in order for tcsd to actually run inside an
initial ram disk. Since I've never created one before, any help of this
would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Olga