List:       trousers-users
Subject:    Re: [TrouSerS-users] clearing out keys?
From:       Rajiv Andrade <srajiv () linux ! vnet ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2011-01-26 15:22:44

On 11/29/2010 07:24 PM, Wyllys Ingersoll wrote:
> I have a TPM that apparently has a bunch of keys loaded that I need to evict.
> Is it possible to do so without knowing their handle's or without doing
> a complete reset?
>
> TSS_TPMCAP_PROP_MAXKEYS = 21 and TSS_TPMCAP_PROP_KEYS = 10.
> Where is the rest of the space for the other 11 keys?  I know that no one else
> is using this machine or TPM.  EvictKey or UnloadKey only work if you know
> the handle, but I dont see how to get the handles.
>
> thanks,
>    Wyllys

Hi Wyllys,

You must probe the list of handles first, and then flush one by one
IIRC. However, the next TSS Errata will contain a command to perform
such job, and this very command should be incorporated in TrouSerS
shortly. For meanwhile reference, TrouSerS cleans the TPM out of keys
that are in the TCS cache, and the code that does so is inside
clearUnknownKeys() function.

Additionally, TrouSerS should also handle loaded keys that aren't in
such cache for some reason (do you know how yours specifically were left
there?), probably by cleaning it at every tcsd restart, since they are
backed up in /var/lib/tpm/system.data?

Thanks,
Rajiv Andrade
Security Development