List:       trac
Subject:    [Trac] Re: rename user
From:       RjOllos <rjollos () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-11-14 23:03:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Wednesday, November 7, 2018 at 2:58:09 AM UTC-8, Clemens Feige wrote:

> Hello
>
> As of today what is the recommended way to rename a user in TRAC?
>
> I am using TRAC 1.2.2 on Linux.
>
> May I run some SQL commands to change the database directly?
> Or do you think this would be too much error-prone?
>
> I read about the AccountManagerPlugin. Is this what I should use?
> There has been a discussion in 2015 (see snipped below), but I am not
> sure about the current status.
>
> Probably the cheapest workaround would be to keep the old user name and
> create a completely new user. Then re-assign all (open) tickets.
> Unfortunately this way one cannot change: ticket reporter, CC, comments,
> closed tickets any many more.
>
> Any hints?
>
> Thanks
> Clemens

AccountManager has a rename user feature, but I'm not sure how well it
works. You might give it a try on a copy of your database.

It shouldn't be too hard to run the SQL queries. Here's the database schema
for reference:
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracDev/DatabaseSchema

It would be nice to have a trac-admin command for renaming a user. Someone
could write a plugin that implements IAdminCommandProvider. That could be a
useful addition to Trac, or at least for a plugin to be placed in the
contrib directory.
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracDev/PluginDevelopment/ExtensionPoints/trac.admin.api.IAdminCommandProvider

- Ryan