List:       trac
Subject:    Re: [Trac] Re: AccountManager: erratic behaviour of ResetPwStore
From:       Nicolas MARTIN <ntmlod () locean ! upmc ! fr>
Date:       2017-09-07 16:26:50

Well good news ! I found the origin of our issue but probably the best
people to explain it would be the plugin developers.

On the administration interface of the user accounts
(/admin/accounts/users), you can create an account with 2 different
forms: 'Add user' at the top of the page or 'Add external user' at the
bottom (which in fact are duplicated in our project but it is an another
story). The evident difference between them is the setting of the
password (random or defined) but I didn't pay to much attention on this
because there is no particular information in the wiki and everything
was fine at that time.

So from the beginning I had to use 'Add user' form for the reasons I
explained in my last message. The newly account was listed under 'Users'
table then moved to the 'External Users' table after the first
connection of the user.
During my vacations, my colleague was not sure which form to use. She
saw that nearly all accounts were listed in 'External users' so she
chose 'Add external user' form which was consistent. Today I give it a
try to create a user account as usual ('Add user' form) and it works
perfectly...

That's all for the visible part of the problem, I was guessing that the
2 forms followed more or less the same process but it is not the case.
'Users' table seems to refer to accounts in the Trac database and
'External users' to accounts in a password file. So my initial procedure
of using 'Add user' jointly with HtPasswdStore is probably not the good
one but it works.

Nicolas