List:       trac
Subject:    Re: [Trac] Re: What is the purpose of WikiFormatting in the component
From:       Krzysztof =?utf-8?q?=C5=BBelechowski?= <giecrilj () stegny ! 2a ! pl>
Date:       2010-11-28 10:38:46

Dnia sobota, 27 listopada 2010 o 15:55:08 Christian Boos napisał(a):
> On 11/27/2010 3:12 PM, yecril wrote:
> > > See http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/1233
> > It is rather inappropriate to display form controls that may be useful
> > in 5 years from inclusion, or maybe 10…  Just makes me wonder, instead
> > of doing my job :-(
>
> Well, either it's my understanding of your comment, or it's your reply
> which is rather inappropriate. You raised a semi-FAQ question to which I
> replied with a pointer to the ticket which discuss this very question,
> discussing two approaches to fixing the issue plus a link to a plugin
> giving you a solution usable right now.

I admit that was just a rant.  The word "inappropriate" was not meant at you, but \
rather at the product manager who decided that it was all right to display an \
irrelevant control with no clear perspective when and how the control would become \
relevant.  I was astonished to read the comments to the bug.  Thanks for the \
indirection, and sorry for the confusion.

The control should be { display: none } until useful "out of the box".

IMHO,
Chris