List:       trac
Subject:    [Trac] Re: Trac on OSX
From:       Hal <hal.wine () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-11-16 2:23:39

On Nov 15, 1:06 am, cap_sue <su...@caperay.com> wrote:
> Right now, its about 3-4 ppl who'll be working on the server, of which only
> 1-2 might work simultaneously. So, from what you're saying I guess its not
> necessary to have a MySQL DB. But since the Snow Leopard server comes with
> MySQL pre-installed, we'll probably move to that when we install trac on the
> server.

fwiw, I have about 5 people using a trac on sqlite (not even sqlite3)
instance with about 20 tickets per day (>3500 total). No problems! The
trac-admin hotcopy subcommand works fine.

> Is the Trac website the best place to direct new users to, to get a basic
> idea of how it works?

IMO, it depends how customized your install is. If it's vanilla, that
would work well (as would just another instance as a playpen).

Our setup has a number of extensions added, so I just wrote up a
"HowWeUseTrac" page, and pointed folks to it.

Have fun!
--Hal