List:       trac
Subject:    [Trac] Re: Making Trac database read-only
From:       RjOllos <ryano () physiosonics ! com>
Date:       2009-10-28 21:05:09

On Oct 27, 12:29 pm, Brian <brianl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I had thought of that, but was just wondering if there was some
> trac.ini flag that I could set instead.
>
> Thanks for the confirmation, Noah!

It sounds like you are looking for a one step solution for setting
read only.  I think that can be done by following Noah's suggestions.
Create a group that has all of the modify permissions that you
normally assign to your users, and another group that has all of the
view permissions.  A simple example is:

authenticated = @view, @modify
view = TICKET_VIEW, TIMELINE_VIEW, ...
modify = TICKET_MODIFY, WIKI_CREATE, ...

When you want to set the site to read only, you can just remove the
modify permission group from your set of users.

This could be more complicated with a complicated set of users and
groups.