List:       trac
Subject:    [Trac] Repurposing Trac for course management (?)
From:       Aaron Watters <aaron.watters () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-05-07 16:56:18

Hi folks.  I'm interested in tools for online education
and it occurs to me that in many ways online courses
can be a bit like development projects.

Would it be feasible to set up Trac to support managing
assignments and deliverables between an instructor
and a group of students?  Or maybe have a Trac
project for each student in class for managing that
student's work?

Here each assignment might
be a ticket and the deliverables would be accumulated
as ticket attachments -- or maybe you folks have better
ideas...

A key concern, of course, would be privacy and security
-- only the student and the instructor(s) should see the
deliverables and grading comments for that student, and
it would be great if there was a special field called "grade"
that could only be modified by the intructor...  Also, a
university would probably like to manage usernames
and passwords centrally and stuff like that...

Sorry if this is crazy, if so just tell me I'm dumb and
I'll slink off into the shadows again...
Any thoughts?
   -- Aaron Watters

===
http://www.xfeedme.com/nucular/pydistro.py/go?FREETEXT=wink