List:       trac
Subject:    [Trac] creating a new ticket via a wget call
From:       Ákos Maróy <maroy () euedge ! com>
Date:       2007-08-31 13:35:11

I wonder if one can create a new ticket in trac via a simple wget call.

I see that I can set up the ticket form page by issuing request
parameters, for example:

http://.../newticket?component=some_component&owner=john_doe&priority=critical&summary=Build%20failure

but calling this URL doesn't create the ticket - just initializes the
form. I wonder if one can simply create a ticket by supplying data as above?

I see that there's an XML-RPC API for Trac, but that seems to be an
overkill for this small task..

Akos