List:       trac
Subject:    [Trac] Re: Running Trac as a windows service
From:       boskom <boskoma () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-05-28 8:15:25

Andrew said:
> I couldnt get trac to work using Windows 2003 Resource Kits'
> SrvAny.exe, can you tell me how you did it? I am running Win XP SP2, Python 2.4, tracd > 0.10

I also use Python 2.4, Trac 0.10 on Windows 2003 but it is the same
for XP.
What have I done to enable Trac as Windows service is following:

   1. Install Windows 2003 Resource Kits.
          * Refer to Help and follow directions for SrvAny.exe
   2. Make Service:

c:\> "c:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\instsrv.exe" Trac
"c:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\srvany.exe"

   3. Using regedit in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet
\Services\Trac make key Parameters with new String Value: Application
with value e.g. f:\trac\start-trac.bat
   4. Start service using administration tools
   5. For additional settings like working directory, parameters,
environment variables refer to Windows 2003 Resource Kit help.