List:       trac
Subject:    [Trac] authentication problem
From:       "Alexander Neundorf" <a.neundorf-work () gmx ! net>
Date:       2007-01-30 22:58:54

Hi,

I'm setting up svn and trac on the same server,
svn is accessed via apache:
<Location /testforge>
   DAV svn
   SVNPath /srv/svn/testforge
   <LimitExcept GET PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT>
      AuthType Digest
      AuthName "testforge"
      AuthDigestDomain /testforge
      AuthDigestFile /srv/svn/apache-testforge-digest-svn-auth
      Require valid-user
   </LimitExcept>
</Location>

This works. Everybody can read, but for committing logging in is required.
Trac is set up via FastCgi.
Basically it is working. I can have either no authentication at all, or I can always \
authentication. But I'd like to have read-only access for everybody without having to \
log in, but for modifying contents a login should be required. How do I do that ?
Trac is installed under /srv/trac/ef/.
I tried that:

ScriptAlias /trac /usr/share/trac/cgi-bin/trac.fcgi
<Directory /usr/share/trac/cgi-bin/>
    AllowOverride None
    Options ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

FastCgiConfig -initial-env TRAC_ENV=/srv/trac/ef

<LocationMatch  "/trac/[^/]+/login">
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    AuthType Digest
    AuthName "testforge"
    AuthDigestDomain /testforge
    AuthDigestFile /srv/svn/apache-testforge-digest-svn-auth
    Require valid-user
</LocationMatch>

<Location "/trac">
  SetEnv TRAC_ENV "/srv/trac/ef"
</Location>

So when I enter the web page I can view Trac contents. When trying to login, I \
expected that the authentication from the LocationMatch would be used. But it doesn't \
work, Trac says:

"Internal Error
Authentication information not available. Please refer to the installation \
documentation."

What am I doing wrong ?

When putting the require valid-user in the Directory-section, I have to login always, \
and it is not possible to view the page as anonymous user.

Thanks for any help
Alex

P.S. I googled for it but didn't find a good answer, it all seamed to be somewhat \
                different problems
Jetzt GMX ProMail testen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail