List:       trac
Subject:    [Trac] attached files used in wiki markup
From:       cboos () bct-technology ! com (Christian Boos)
Date:       2005-03-29 3:40:38

Christopher Lenz wrote:

> Am 29.03.2005 um 09:24 schrieb Christian Boos:
>
>> Quinn Comendant wrote:
>>
>>> Is it possible to display images uploaded as attachments to wiki
>>> pages in
>>>
>>> the markup of the wiki page themselves? The URL for accessing an
>>>
>> There's a ticket for that: #944 "Add support for simpler references
>> to attachments in Wiki pages and Ticket wiki", with a patch.
>>
>> The proposed syntax was:
>>    * img:<the_attachment> to get the attached image displayed inline
>>
>> But I think that image:<the_attachment> should work as well.
>

> Hmm, how about a more generic syntax for inlining attachments? I
> mmight want to inline a patch, for example. Or anything else supported
> by the mimeviewers framework.

arguments, like:
 * boxed=1 for having a border around the attachment
 * float=left/right for placing the attachment in a floating div
 * format=raw for by-passing syntax highlighting

> OTOH, inlining images has special requirements. You might want to
> restrict the width/height and provide an alternative text. This is not
> possible using TracLinks, but it would be possible using a wiki macro.
> The macro would accept the attachment:... link syntax, but also
> source:... links.

picture")]] ...to be reminiscent of the IMG tag,
but the Image() macro should work the same.

> Actually, I think a macro is a better fit for this functionality.
> TracLinks are just *links* after all, not include/embed directives.

Ok, so let's have the following Wiki syntax
and the rest of the functionality implemented with Macros.

-- Christian