List:       tpmdd-devel
Subject:    Re: [tpmdd-devel] TPM 2.0 chip in Intel NUC miniPC not works
From:       Jarkko Sakkinen <jarkko.sakkinen () linux ! intel ! com>
Date:       2015-10-30 10:25:15

Hi

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 07:15:44PM +0900, mipsan.K wrote:
> Hi,=A0
> =

> I send reply-mesg to Peter =A0only.=A0
> Apologize.
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 6:20 PM, Peter Huewe <peterhuewe@gmx.de> wrote:
> =

>     Hi
> =

>     Am 27. Oktober 2015 03:29:22 MEZ, schrieb "mipsan.K" <mipsan@gmail.co=
m>:
>     >Dear,
>     >
>     >Intel *NUC5i5MYHE *has TPM 2.0 chip from Infineon(Infineon
>     >*SLB9665TT2.0 *TPM
>     >version 2.0).
>     >
>     >I tested various kernel to activate it, however failed.
>     >Even linux-tpmdd(4.3-rc4) as well.
>     >That may support only SLB9635/9645 and not SLB9665.
>     >
>     >Any kinds of advice will be appreciated.
>     >
>     >Thanks,
>     >
>     >mipsan
> =

> =

>     As Jarkko said, that will be fixed in 4.4
>     In the meantime you can tryout the security-next tree, or my tpm tree.
> =

> =

> =

> Would you let me know when the 4.4 kernel is available?=A0
> And, does linux-tpmdd(4.3-rc4) tree still have same problem?

Could you not use HTML for emails? These are pretty difficult to follow
especially when you are using text-only email client. This the second
time I'm asking for this.

To know when the next release is available you should follow
http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-kernel-announce

The fixes that you require should be in 4.4-rc1 release and you get the
annoucement from that list.

In the meanwhile you can try to compile kernel from this branch:
https://github.com/jsakkine/linux-tpm2/tree/for-peter-v44

/Jarkko