List:       tortoisesvn-users
Subject:    Re: Update to revision
From:       Jean-Marc van Leerdam <j.m.van.leerdam () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-03-30 12:55:36

Hi,

On 30 March 2012 13:59, Stefan Küng <tortoisesvn@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 30.03.2012 13:56, Tobias Richter wrote:
> > Hi *,
> >
> > if I use the "Update to revision" my local working copy is updated to
> > revision x but all the externals are still coming from the head
> > revision or the explicit revision which was set through the properties.
> >
> > My suggestion: an option that I also get the externals from the revision
> x ...
>
> So you mean if I want to update my TSVN working copy to e.g. revision
> 22700 then all the externals (subversion, apr, neon, ...) it uses should
> also update to that revision?

I think the OP means that the externals are to be updated to a revision
that was appropriate at the time rev. 22700 was created; he did not mean to
reuse the 22700 as a rev no for the externals.

Now, that info is probably not available for externals that were not linked
to an explicit revision at that time, but for fixed externals it could be
possible. The question remains if this is a feasible option to provide and
if it requires additional SVN support to implement this.

IIRC, there is an option when tagging/branching to freeze externals
pointing to HEAD to a fixed revision? Maybe the OP can use that to achieve
his goal?

--
Regards,

Jean-Marc