List:       tortoisesvn-users
Subject:    Re: adding properties recursively
From:       Stefan_Küng <tortoisesvn () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-04-29 19:28:31

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 17:55, Louis Castoria
<lou.castoria@morgankeegan.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering if there is a way to do this.  I have a project with many files and \
> folders.  The project is maintained using subversion.  I have version update for a \
> .net control.  During the install process the install tries to update the source \
> files automatically with the reference to the new control.  We use the needs-lock \
> flag on all the source files.  I know I can recursively remove the flag and the \
> update will occur as needed.  Is there a way that I can reapply the needs-lock \
> property back the the required source files without applying the lock to other \
> files in the directory structure.

Subversion can update files with the svn:needs-lock property just
fine. So why do you want to remove the property and reapply it?
Or does another app/script try to overwrite those files? If that's the
case, just write a script to remove the 'readonly' file attribute and
reapply that after. No need to fiddle with the svn property for just
that.

Stefan

--
       ___