List:       tortoisesvn-users
Subject:    Re: tags
From:       Lübbe_Onken <luebbe.tortoisesvn () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-02 14:07:01

J.-C. Avard schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> I have a project set up in SVN. I have the trunk and I want to use a tag structure \
> for the different release I will have to do.
> So I started by tagging the whole trunk
> From WC at URL:
> svn://xxx.xxx.xxx/transAction/trunk
> To URL:
> svn://xxx.xxx.xxx/transAction/tags/BM-0.0.1.1
>
> Then, I made more changes to a specific file, that I need to tag BM-0.0.1.1 as \
> well. How do I do that?  I switch my working copy to the BM-0.0.1.1 version and \
> tried to commit it, but then I had this warning: "Your working copy appears to be \
> on a tag path! You should first switch to a branch of the main trunk before \
> committing.

You should use tags only for final releases which are not going to
change anymore.

If you want to continue to work on something, you should create a
branch, which is the same as creating a tag, but just with a different
target name.

so the essence is:
1) work on trunk or a branch
2) tag only releases