List:       tortoisesvn-users
Subject:    RE:  Re: How to lock creation of a folder
From:       "Glenn Carr" <GCarr () ConnectShip ! com>
Date:       2008-03-28 16:43:32

> > Ok I could ignore this folder ...but this operation have to done on each
> > client ... it's not possible to add a "rule" on server ?
>
> Use the svn:ignore property on the parent folder. All clients will
> receive that property when they update, so they too will ignore the
> bin folder.

That's they way we do it, and it works well.  Building in VS2005/2008 there are \
usually bin and obj folders that we just add to the svn:ignore property on the \
parent.

There are some cases in which we commit the .\bin\Release\<utility>.exe under the \
bin, in which case we commit the .exe, and ignore the Debug folder under bin which \
usually takes care of it.

We do this consistently in order to be able to TSVN commit from a root directory \
without seeing any build residue.