List:       tortoisesvn-users
Subject:    additional info for using putty with tortoiseSVN
From:       David Phillips <dphillips () residex ! com ! au>
Date:       2005-11-30 23:34:13

Hi List,

I just finished troubleshooting something with tortoiseSVN;
when trying to log in, I kept getting an "Invalid Port Number"
from putty.

The message comes up if the user has already made an SSH
connection using the Putty saved session: to avoid the error,
you need to use a "Saved Session" that has never been used
before.

This was a tricky one to spot - I had to use a few different search
engines: maybe if a troubleshooting note could be added into
the documentation somewhere, it would save other people the
hassles that I had.

David Phillips
Head of Programming - Residex Pty Ltd
Level 6, 121 Walker St North Sydney NSW 2060
W: (02) 9954 1199 | F: (02) 9954 0729