List:       tortoisesvn-users
Subject:    Re: future request
From:       "Andrey Repko (sent by Nabble.com)" <lists () nabble ! com>
Date:       2005-11-28 9:00:13

Stefan Küng wrote:

> Why? The file size has nothing to do with the amount of data which get's
> actually transmitted on a commit. Subversion only transfers the
> difference (what's changed in a file), not the whole file. So having the
> filesize shown would just confuse some users because they would assume
> that the whole file is being transmitted.

That's OK if I need to add/commit only text files (like .c, .cpp or .pas), but if I \
need commit binary files this information can be helpfull. For example I never add \
MSVC projects to SNV repositary. Project direcory contain many files with strange \
extention (like for examlpe .tbs). If this file small (100-200 bytes) - I don't need \
to check If this file is critical for compilation, but if this size above 1MB, I will \
check it. Yes, I'm understand, that real programmer shoud know this things, but this \
future may be helpfull for not-masters. May be this future can be optional? And turn \
on by checking combo box in settings menu?

--
Sent from the tortoisesvn - users forum at Nabble.com:
http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-future-request-t555344.html#a1676843