List:       tortoisesvn-dev
Subject:    Re: Support for Resumable Downloads of Large Files
From:       Thomas Hruska <thruska () cubiclesoft ! com>
Date:       2016-10-07 5:46:38

On 2/1/2011 12:05 AM, R. M. K. Bathiya Lakmal Priyadarshana wrote:
> Our development team is located in Sri Lanka and the SVN server we are committing \
> is located in Canada. Once our Canadian QA team has uploaded a large Zip file \
> (around 50MB) of an installer to SVN and we had a bit of trouble downloading it to \
> our Sri Lankan environment due to network slowness etc. The major annoyance was, \
> when the file was about 45MB downloaded, there was network issue at the Sri Lankan \
> end and the download broke. Even when the network was back online, Tortoise SVN \
> tool (Version 1.6.12) was unable to resume the download so we had to close and \
> restart the update process. This led to downloading this file from the start. It \
> would be a real value addition feature if SVN server and/or Tortoise SVN tool is \
> given any design considerations around this to support "Resumable Downloads".

I have kept this e-mail for over five years in the hopes that one day I
would be able to reply to it!  Today is that day and I can finally
delete an e-mail!

I just released a functional and relevant prototype for a new protocol
called the Resilient Internet Protocol (ResIP) that implicitly solves
the non-resumable protocol issue above along with quite a few other
networking problems related to TCP/IP:

https://github.com/cubiclesoft/resilient-ip-php

SVN client -> ResIP client -> Internets -> ResIP server -> SVN server

--
Thomas Hruska
CubicleSoft President

I've got great, time saving software that you will find useful.

http://cubiclesoft.com/