List:       tortoisesvn-dev
Subject:    Re: ra_serf: The server sent a truncated HTTP response body.
From:       Stefan_Küng <tortoisesvn () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-01-10 15:59:35

On 10.01.2014 08:23, Kenny wrote:
> I was trying to merge a revision/commit that contained just updated image file \
> locations (png, jpg, gifs) from one folder location to another (around 100 or so \
> files). each and every time, the process would stop at a random file and return the \
> following message:
> ra_serf: The server sent a truncated HTTP response body.
>
> any ideas?

The data sent is too big and the server closes the connection due to
reaching a limit.
Possible steps which can help fix this issue:
* Increase the timeout value on the server
* set compression level to zero on the server (will make everything
slower but helps with this issue)
* make sure all proxies that are in between you and the svn server also
have the timeout values increased

or try to do the merge in smaller data chunks, e.g. merge only parts
instead of merging everything in one go.

Stefan

--
        ___
   oo  // \\      "De Chelonian Mobile"