List:       tortoisesvn-dev
Subject:    Re: Log statistics code upgrade...
From:       Stefan.Fuhrmann () etas ! de
Date:       2007-10-05 0:00:42

--=_alternative 000011F1C125736B_=

Andreas.Nicolai@gmx.net wrote:

> I noticed that the positioning of the authors in the legend and the
> coloring sometimes changes between different chart types. In my
> understanding the authors should be sorted based on commit count. If so,
> will add some code that makes sure that the authors will always be
sorted
> according to commit count. Otherwise they will be sorted alphabetically.

<ProjectManagerMode>Can we make this an option?</ProjectManagerMode>

But seriously, I think the statistics are a tool for project management
(in a broader sense). And for project management, the typical question
is not "Where am I / is user XY in this list?" (alphabetical order) but
"Who is most / least active?" (sort by commit count).

All graphs should use the same order as in the legend. This is especially
important for diagrams with multiple bar plots. Also, it would be nice
to list the authors that are grouped to "others" in a tooltip followed
by their commit count in parantheses (but be aware that this may be
~1000 entries). For this list, alphabetical order might be better suited.

-- Stefan^2.

--=_alternative 000011F1C125736B_=

in the legend and the &nbsp;<br>
&gt; coloring sometimes changes between different chart types. In my &nbsp;<br>
&gt; understanding the authors should be sorted based on commit count.
If so, I &nbsp;<br>
&gt; will add some code that makes sure that the authors will always be
sorted &nbsp;<br>
&gt; according to commit count. Otherwise they will be sorted alphabetically.<br>
</tt></font>
</tt></font>
project management</tt></font>
the typical question </tt></font>