List:       tortoisesvn-dev
Subject:    Re: PowerDesk v5.0 Shell Extender Clash with Tortoise SVN.
From:       Thomas Hruska <thruska () cubiclesoft ! com>
Date:       2006-03-24 21:24:01

Stefan Küng wrote:
> Thomas Hruska wrote:
>
>> Actually, if you recall, TSVN clashes with TopDesk (www.snadboy.com)
>> on my computer.  This has the smell of the same root problem.  IIRC,
>> menus are a "black box" and owner-draw menus are the "holy grail" of
>> Windows programming.
>>
>> BTW, that link fixes the problem with right-clicking items in TopDesk
>> causing TopDesk to crash _BUT_ now all of TSVN's icons have
>> disappeared.  WinZIP, OTOH, still shows its 16-color icons even under
>> TopDesk.  Any chance of getting 16-color icons to show up for TSVN
>> when following the directions in the aforementioned link.  I realize
>> 16-color icons will look _terrible_, but that doesn't bother me any.
>
> Try the settings dialog, Look-and-Feel. Then enable "Enable accelerators
> on the top level menu".
>
> Stefan

Sweet!  This information should also be in the FAQ with the whole
PowerDesk thing.  I would think other applications that do shell menu
display have the same problem with TSVN (not just PowerDesk).

--
Thomas Hruska
CubicleSoft President

Safe C++ Design Principles (First Edition)
Learn how to write memory leak-free, secure,
portable, and user-friendly software.

Learn more and view a sample chapter:
http://www.CubicleSoft.com/SafeCPPDesign/