List:       tortoisesvn-dev
Subject:    Re: [TSVN] changed Icon set - Win2K changed to 16bit
From:       T E Schmitz <mailreg () numerixtechnology ! de>
Date:       2005-09-01 20:39:13

Stefan Küng wrote:
> T E Schmitz wrote:
>
> So, try this:
> Check that registry value. If it's not 32 (true-color), then change it
> to that value and use TweakUI to rebuild the icon cache. If it is 32,
> change the screen color depth, manually change the registry value to
> e.g. 16, TweakUI, and then change the screen color depth back again,
> change the registry value again back to 32 and use TweakUI once again.

That fixed it! I could kiss you! :-D

>>> I hope that changing the colors to 8 bits (maybe changing the screen
>>> resolution too?) and back will fix it, otherwise I don't know what
>>> else to do.
>>
>> Wipe the disk, re-install maybe?
> I hope it isn't necessary to take such drastic measures.

On Windoze, this is sometimes the only fix.

>> I don't have TortoiseCVS installed. There were enough overlay slots
>> when I was running the old TSVN version; is it possible that the new
>> and the old TSVN overlay handlers are running now?
>> Can the number of slots be increased (in the registry or maybe)?
>

> They're the same. But you can check what overlay handlers are installed
> in the registry key:
> HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers

Tortoise is in there 7 times, presumably one entry per icon.
And an application PixVue, which I installed and de-installed ages ago -
long before I installed any TSVN version. I removed those registry
entries and, hey presto, my plus is back!
Why the plus ever showed and then disappeared I don't understand.

Thanks for your help!

--

Regards/Gruß,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz