List:       tor-talk
Subject:    Re: Europaen Cybercrime Convention
From:       kazaam <kazaam () oleco ! net>
Date:       2007-11-25 12:19:55

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 12:47:01 +0100
"TOR Admin (gpfTOR1)" <tor-admin@privacyfoundation.de> wrote:

 > By the European Cybercrime Convention anon servers are something like
> telephone providers. The following is important because of this fact:

No they are not by the EU Convention but just in the german law!

> 1: data retention (was discussed here, in Germany real by §113 StPO)

You mean §113 TKG not StPO ;)

> Thanks to K. Raven for feature out this new laws.

Indeed Raven did a good summary of the new german law.

> For point 3 we recommend to be prepared. It may be possible to create a
> high secured account with only read access to relevant data and no read
> access to any important key. If someone login with this account, it may
> be possible to run several actions.
>
> If the situation appears, you may decide, what you want to do (give them
> the account data or take the repressions). But you will not have the
> time to create such an account carefully.
>
> Can anyone write a shot tutorial for creation of a high secured
> only-read-account?

I don't totally understand what you wanna do?? Simply create a new user-account with \
ssh-rights and give him read permissions on the IP-logs. That's all. The user can \
then read it realtime with "wait --n=1 tail -n 50 /var/log/iplogs" and has no access \
to any other things on your PC. Or what did you mean?

If you don't log IPs by default you gonna face the court the same as you don't give \
them real-time access. So trying to fool them brings nothing: giving them an account \
which can't read logs.. it would be the same as giving them no account at all.

greets

--
kazaam <kazaam@oleco.net>