List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    Re: Tomcat 10  skipping state transfer. No members active in cluster group
From:       Chuck Caldarale <n828cl () gmail ! com>
Date:       2024-04-22 20:40:43

> On Apr 22, 2024, at 09:54, Rick Noel <RNoel@westwoodone.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Could someone please explain why I am getting the error............
>
> skipping state transfer. No members active in cluster group

Need a bit more information.

> On one sever the reciever  is bound  to                          127.0.0.1:4002
> And on the other server the receiver is bound to       127.0.0.1:4001

Are both Tomcat instances running on the same system (VM or real)?

> But both servers report ->     no active members in cluster group

Indicates they can't see each other, so they could be on different systems or in \
separate VMs (containers).

> Apr 22, 2024 10:20:01 AM org.apache.catalina.util.SessionIdGeneratorBase \
>                 createSecureRandom
> WARNING: Creation of SecureRandom instance for session ID generation using \
> [SHA1PRNG] took [51,791] milliseconds.

This long random ID generation is typical for a low-entropy VM or container rather \
than a real system. If the two Tomcats are in separate containers, you'll have to \
configure clustering to use each container's published IP address rather than \
assuming they can share the same loopback network.

  - Chuck