List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    Re: Unable to start application
From:       "John Dale (DB2DOM)" <jcdwrrc () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-03-21 17:48:40

"WTH" - holy heck!  :D

Polymorphism, abstraction of interfaces .. standar OO, but definitely
not kids stuff to get everything to spec/standard (including the SQL
or proc invocations)!

:)

JDBC has been a very good interface despite/after O/R M challenges met.

Sysadmin is my second language to database design and JSON morphism.

On 3/21/23, Christopher Schultz <chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
> Kevin,
>
> On 3/20/23 20:12, Kevin Huntly wrote:
>> I actually fixed (well, figured out) the MySQL problem - it looks like
>> it's
>> hard coded to a 2048b DH key, but I configured my servers for CIS level 2
>> which wants a minimum 3072. I can update the openssl config to utilize a
>> lower security level and it works just fine.
>
> When you say "hard coded" what exactly do you mean? You can change the
> key+cert at any time.
>
>> I don't want to do that, but I don't want to have a nonsecure instance
>> either. so im probably going to go with an ssh tunnel since this is just
>> dev and it won't be going to production (our prod is db2)
>
> Sounds like:
> 1. This is dev, so you should fix your key+cert instead of hacking stunnel
> 2. You are using different databases in different environments. WTH?
>
> -chris
>
>> On Mon, Mar 20, 2023, 20:09 Christopher Schultz <
>> chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Kevin,

>>> primarily
>>>
>>> I had to read the whole thread to find this ^^^. You are correct, Tomcat
>>> gives you an initial context that is rooted at, well, the root of the
>>> JNDI tree. IMHO any product that locks you into java:comp/env is doing
>>> you a disservice.
>>>
>>> It wasn't clear to me whether you were using Tomcat's "global naming
>>> resources" or per-context resources. Your posted snippets have all
>>> expired so I couldn't look at them.
>>>
>>> But it looks like you have everything working, so ... great!
>>>
>>> You mentioned having a MySQL/MariaDB admin question. Please post that
>>> separately (different thread, different subject) and annotate it with a
>>> "[OT]" prefix to indicate that it's off-topic. We may have answers for