List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    AW: AW: Request for SSL Setup
From:       "Thomas Hoffmann (Speed4Trade GmbH)" <Thomas.Hoffmann () speed4trade ! com ! INVALID>
Date:       2022-06-28 7:17:23

Hello,

You can do it e.g. with keytool:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42541356/how-to-create-a-self-signed-ssl-certificate-for-use-with-tomcat
 This generates a self-signed certificate which is suitable for development and \
testing purposes.

Another method is using OpenSSL but this involves multiple steps:
https://www.baeldung.com/openssl-self-signed-cert

If you need a public signed certificate, you can generate a CSR with OpenSSL and send \
it to a certificate authority to get it signed.

Background information:
For using SSL you always need a matching keypair, this is a public and a private key. \
The private key is signed. The clients needs to trust the signature (with the \
corresponding signatures public key). A jks-file can store both keys. Alternatively \
you can use two separate files (e.g. in PEM-format) and configure the \
tomcat-connector to use both files.

Greetings, Thomas