List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    Re: Clarification on behaviour after pool exhaustion happen in tomcat jdbc pool 9.0.16
From:       Sampath Rajapakshe <sampath () wso2 ! com ! INVALID>
Date:       2021-08-09 5:57:47

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the clarification. I've gone through the blog, In our case, we
know the reason for the pool exhausted behaviour, there are slow queries
and also due to high TPS where pool is not enough. So we are expected to
get pool exhaustion with current configurations. What we wanted to verify
was the behaviour after pool exhaustion. Do the current executing
connections continue their executions during pool exhausted duration? As
per our observations, they do not, and connections are stuck without
executing any queries until maxWait. is that the expected behaviour after
pool exhaustion?

Thanks and Regards,
Sampath