List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    Re: why is ContextListener.attributeAdded means?
From:       Karen Goh <karenworld () yahoo ! com ! INVALID>
Date:       2019-07-25 2:48:56

On Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 11:29:39 PM GMT+8, Mark Eggers \
<its_toasted@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:

On 7/24/2019 12:58 AM, Karen Goh wrote:

> On Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 12:54:35 PM GMT+8, Mark Eggers \
> <its_toasted@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Karen,
>
> On 7/23/2019 7:41 PM, Karen Goh wrote:
> > Dear experts,
> >
> > I need some help again.
> >
> > I am trying to get a html page out on my browser, I changed my Tomcat server as \
> > the previous one has some Ant script 'creeping in when I downloaded an example'. \
> > However, I do not know why am I receiving an error message ?
> > Background :-
> > -----------------
> > Netbean IDE
> > Windows OS
> > Tomcat 9.0.12
> > JEE
> >
> > Error Message :
> >
> > 24-Jul-2019 10:03:27.271 INFO [main] \
> > org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log ContextListener: \
> > contextInitialized() 24-Jul-2019 10:03:27.271 INFO [main] \
> > org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log SessionListener: \
> > contextInitialized() 24-Jul-2019 10:03:27.292 INFO [main] \
> > org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log ContextListener: \
> > attributeAdded('StockTicker', 'async.Stockticker@4fa4f485')
> > Can I know why there is a ContextListner:attributeAdded('StockTicer', \
> > 'async.Stockticker@4fa4f485') as appeared in the log ?
> > How do I make it go away so that I can run my webApp ?
> >
> > Thank you for your help.
> > Karen
>

> This is coming from the examples that are shipped with Tomcat. In
> particular, this appears to be from the Stock Ticker asynchronous example.
>
> In other words, this is nothing to be concerned about.
>
> . . . just my two cents.
> /mde/
>
> I have never seen this log infor pop up.
>
> Now, I have another problem - Tomcat server keeps popping up the authentication gui \
> - Tomcat manager.
> I can't get this Tomcat Manager GUI to stop appear. And I have not configure the \
> app to use Tomcat Manager at all.
> Please let me know how to stop if from appearing.
>
> Tks.

This is a NetBeans thing. NetBeans uses the manager application (and the
manager-script role) to deploy or redeploy to Tomcat.

The instructions for configuring tomcat-users.xml are in that file.

Normally when you add a Tomcat server to NetBeans, it will ask to create
the user with that manager-script role if one does not exist. Or you
could supply one that you've configured in tomcat-users.xml.

Then save the password in NetBeans, so that you won't get prompted each
time there's a deploy or redeploy.

NetBeans by default will redeploy on save if you are currently running
the application. If you save the password for the user with the
manager-script role, then you should not see the prompt.

If the application is not running in Tomcat, then NetBeans won't try to
redeploy on save.

Thanks Mike.

. . . just my two cents
/mde/