List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    Re: Tomcat =?UTF-8?Q?=39=5FSetting=20property=20=27digest=27=20to?= =?UTF-8?Q?=20=27SHA-=32=35=36=27
From:       logo <logo () kreuser ! name>
Date:       2019-02-15 9:41:29

Hi,

Am 15.02.2019 10:08, schrieb dheeraj joshi:

> > Hi Team,
> >

> > I am getting warning "Setting property 'digest' to 'SHA-256' did not
> > find
> > a matching property" in tomcat9-stderr.log  when I use attribute
> > "digest"
> > in realms.
> >
> > Snip from server.xml that i am using when i get error -
> >
> > <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true"
> > autoDeploy="true">
> >
> > <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm"
> > digest="SHA-256"
> > />
> >

> > If I remove digest="SHA-256" from line <Realm
> > className="org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm" digest="SHA-256" />
> > and
> > restart tomcat service , I don't see this warning after it.

That would be expected as it is removed and there is no setter.

> > I did search for similar error reported by other users on internet but
> > couldn't confirm whether I am doing correct configuration. Some people
> > say
> > that digest attribute is removed since Tomcat 8.5 while some suggested
> > me
> > to use CredentialHandler sub element rather than using digest.

well that IS the suggested fix.
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/config/realm.html#Memory_Based_Realm_-_org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm
 "This attribute is deprecated. Set the algorithm on a nested
CredentialHandler element instead."

You could probably always try the migration guide when you do a major
version upgrade https://tomcat.apache.org/migration.html
Unfortunately each version separate.

Hope this helps.

Peter