List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    Re: Tomcat 8.5 Error related to Encoding Detector
From:       Phumelela Mdluli <pumie03 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-01-21 18:05:08

Hi there,

Your rosehosting source seems legit, may even try going straight to
Apache website. The http status code 500 is "an internal server
error". Please share your tomcat log files i.e. Catalina.out. Seems
clear that your tomcat server/container download is not playing well
with something. Double check your Java and Server versions, plus their
(your downloads) compatibility with each other. Having downloaded
Tomcat several times (for Linux), I think you should know that it
typically works right right off the net.

Regards,

Phumelela

On 1/15/19, prasoon sharma <sharmaprasoon007@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I used the tutorial at
> https://www.rosehosting.com/blog/how-to-install-tomcat-8-on-a-centos-6-vps/
> and
> some tips from
> https://www.openprogrammer.info/2015/06/14/how-to-install-java-8-and-tomcat-8-on-centos-6-as-service/
>  I have configured it at 8081 port
>

> On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 4:14 PM Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > On 15/01/2019 10:33, prasoon sharma wrote:
> > > Hi
> > > I am facing issue with Tomcat 8.5 on my Centos Server.
> > >
> > > I am getting HTTP 500 error as
> > >
> > > javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could
> > > not initialize class org.apache.jasper.compiler.EncodingDetector
> > >

> > > Check the detailed description at
> > >
> > https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54076418/java-lang-noclassdeffounderror-could-not-initialize-class-org-apache-jasper-com
> >
> > What steps did you take to install Apache Tomcat?
> >
> > Mark

Yours Sincerely,

Phumelela Mdluli
Lake Forest College '15