List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    Re: Tomcat/9.0.8 - Can't deploy war of 104MB
From:       Johan Compagner <jcompagner () servoy ! com>
Date:       2018-05-26 7:33:14

Op za 26 mei 2018 01:53 schreef Christopher Schultz <
chris@christopherschultz.net>:

> Johan,
>
> On 5/25/18 10:12 AM, Johan Compagner wrote:
> > On Thu, 24 May 2018 at 22:01, Arnold Morein <arnie.morein@me.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> There are no errors in catalina.out when this occurs.
> >>
> >> Yes, via the manager UI I can deploy the WAR, but that doesn't
> >> help me in our automated scripts.
> >>
> >> It does appear to be on the Ant side of things though. Does
> >> chunking need to be turned on in Manager (or does that setting
> >> enable it)?
> >>
> >> Or does Ant need to support chunking?
> >>

> > i see you use username/password is that basic authentication? and
> > is that basic authenthication pre emptive?
> >
> > Because that could be a bit problem, if you send a very big file to
> > a server that then first replies that you need to authenticate You
> > should use pre emptivie, so send the username/password right away
> > with the first request
>
> I haven't read the code, but any upload task that accepts
> username+password and doesn't send those credentials on the first try
> would be fairly silly. I'm almost certain that the authentication
> information is sent with the first request.

Then it will fall with the latest tomcats. Not sure when this did change
but in our product and in our docs for our customers we now say the same.
You need to first hit a simple page (like main index) and then use that
client to do the real upload. Or do pre emtive

Because tomcat swallows it or something like that and returns something
else (a different code)