List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    RE: Migration
From:       "Berneburg, Cris J. - US" <cberneburg () caci ! com>
Date:       2017-03-22 19:36:02

Osama

> I have been asked by a company to update their existing working
> tomcat 5 application, which is working on an old Windows 2003
> platform and accessing SQL 2005. The new servers are Windows and
> SQL 2012. I downloaded  and installed Tomcat 8.5.12. So, what I
> need to do for migrating the existing application to work on the
> new environment?

If you do not have automated integrated testing to test your current SQL, stored \
procedures, etc., on the new SQL Server 2012 platform, one thing I would recommend is \
using the "SQL Server 2012 Upgrade Advisor".  It will help point out the areas in \
your current SQL server 2005 database that are not compatible with 2012.  There are \
some differences that could cause your stored procedures and other SQL to no longer \
run/compile.

--
Cris Berneburg
CACI Lead Software Engineer