List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    Re: JIO Connector support in Tomcat 8.5
From:       Amit Pande <Amit.Pande () veritas ! com>
Date:       2017-02-20 16:54:22

Thanks Chris. We are indeed evaluating if we can leverage traditional reverse-proxy \
based solutions.

However, continued our POC for the custom NIO endpoint. We extended the NioEndpoint \
of Tomcat 8.5.x and overrode the following methods:

1. Bind
2. Unbind
3. UnlockAccept
4. Acceptor

Intend to use most of the NIO code for poller threads and other start stop logic. One \
issue faced was that "stopLatch" is not accessible outside the NioEndpoint class. \
This stopLatch is initialized during "bind" and used during "stop". But since we \
override bind and don't have access to "stopLatch"we're facing issues while using the \
default NioEndpoint implementation.

Could an enhancement request be filed to make this field protected similar to other \
fields such as pollerThreadCount, acceptorThreadCount?

Reflection seems too hack-ish and don't see any issues with making this field \
protected instead of private.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks,
Amit