List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    Tomcat gracefully shutdown when run with Apache Spark
From:       Eranga Samararathna <erangac () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-02-21 17:54:34

Tomcat version: 7.0.47

I have a web application which uses Apache Spark. My web application act as
a Apache spark driver program.

When remote standalone spark cluster is not available then Spark context is
shutting down with log org.apache.spark.util.Utils - Shutdown hook called

Sooner this happens Tomcat also starting to shut down gracefully. The only
log I can see in tomcat is [exec] Result: 50

What would be the reason for Tomcat to shutting down when spark calling
it's shut down hook ?

Thanks

Eranga