List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    Re: AW: Asynchronous writes (Servlet and WebSocket)
From:       Mark Thomas <mark () homeinbox ! net>
Date:       2015-08-26 7:49:35

On 26 August 2015 08:30:38 BST, "Steffen Heil (Mailinglisten)" \
<lists@steffen-heil.de> wrote:

> > No. It is too invasive to back port to the stable 8.0.x and it also
> requires removing support for BIO and comet which we don't want to
> > do in 8.0.x.
>
> Will this be rather a 8.1.x (mid term) or 9.0.x (long term) change?

It will be in 9.0.x. It is TBD if there will be a 8.1.x branch. We don't often do it. \
The possibility has been raised but no plans to do it at the moment.

> Is the code in trunk considered stable?

Yes, excluding the HTTP/2 which a) is still in development and b) I know I can easily \
crash.

Cheers,

Mark