List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    Strange websocket status
From:       arnaud le roy <sdnetwork () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-03-26 14:24:16

Hi,

on my server i have found a websocket with a status open but when i try
to write on i get this exception :

java.lang.IllegalStateException: The remote endpoint was in state

[TEXT_PARTIAL_WRITING] which is an invalid state for called method
at
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.WsRemoteEndpointImplBase$StateMachine.checkState(WsRemoteEndpointImplBase.java:1064)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.WsRemoteEndpointImplBase$StateMachine.textPartialStart(WsRemoteEndpointImplBase.java:1022)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.WsRemoteEndpointImplBase.sendPartialString(WsRemoteEndpointImplBase.java:184)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.WsRemoteEndpointBasic.sendText(WsRemoteEndpointBasic.java:49)

I have done an heapdump, and effectively the buffer on the
wsRemoteEndPoint on this StandardWebSocketSession is full !

i think that the connection is not alive and tomcat haven't detect it
because i get this exception since two days on this websocket.

my server is a 7.0.54 with native apr. i can get other information if
you want because the socket is still alive on my server.

what can explain this strange behaviour ?

thanks in advance.