List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    Re: Tomcat 8 does not start with java 8 on YOSEMITE
From:       Ameer Mawia <ameer.mawia () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-11-24 10:48:22

Find my comment inline:

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 3:25 PM, Edoardo Panfili <edoardo@aspix.it> wrote:

> Il 24/11/14 10:04, Fabio Ricci ha scritto:
>
>> Hi Ameer
>>
>> thank you again for the link to the JDK - But I had it already installed
>> on my yosemite. This JDK 8.25 has also the spoken peculiarity.
>>
> I am using Tomcat 8.0.15 with jdk1.8.0_25 on Yosemite and it works fine
> (only some troubles setting up the startup script).
>
> As I said, the issue lies ONLY with  jdk/jre *1.8.0_40 EA* release. Try
understand, the difference between 1.8.0_40 and release like 1.8.0_25. Both
are java8 but different update release. 1.8.0_40 is an EARLY Access release
and not officially released yet. You can expect things like this with an EA
release.

That why I said, go with a stable release, latest one available at oracle
is 1.8.0_25 and that should work fine.

 I switched to Linux - there there seem to be less peculiarities as on osx.

> completely agree!
>
> I have verified 1.8.0_40 on window, it has issue to. I didn't got the
chance to verify with Linux version of this release, but I guess, issue
lies with all the platform of this release.